Re: stand-alone composite types patch (was [HACKERS] Proposal:

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: stand-alone composite types patch (was [HACKERS] Proposal:
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> You have missed a number of places where this new relkind ought to
> be special-cased the same way RELKIND_VIEW is --- for example
> CheckAttributeNames and AddNewAttributeTuples, since a composite type
> presumably shouldn't have system columns associated.  I'd counsel
> looking at all references to RELKIND_VIEW to see which places also need
> to check for RELKIND_COMPOSITE_TYPE.

One of the places I missed was pg_dump.c. In working on pg_dump support,
I ran across a problem:

test=# CREATE TYPE "MyInt42" (internallength = 4,input = int4in,output =
int4out,alignment = int4,default = 42,passedbyvalue);
CREATE TYPE
test=# CREATE TYPE "compfoo" AS (f1 "MyInt42", f2 integer);
CREATE TYPE
test=# drop type compfoo;
DROP TYPE
test=# CREATE TYPE "compfoo" AS (f1 "MyInt42", f2 "integer");
ERROR:  Type "integer" does not exist
test=# create table tbl_0 (f1 "integer");
ERROR:  Type "integer" does not exist
test=# create table tbl_0 (f1 "MyInt42");
CREATE TABLE
test=# drop table tbl_0 ;
DROP TABLE
test=# create table tbl_0 (f1 integer);
CREATE TABLE

Shouldn't "integer" be recognized as a valid type?

Thanks,

Joe