Re: [GENERAL] []performance issues

От Peter A. Daly
Тема Re: [GENERAL] []performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
We have tables of over 3.1 million records. Performance is fine for most
things as long as access hits an index. As already stated, count(*)
takes a long time. Just took over a minute for me to check the record
count. Our DB is primarily a data warehouse role. Creating an index on a
char(43) field on that table from scratch takes a while, but I think
that's expected. Under normal loads we have well under 1 second "LIKE"
queries on that the indexed char(43) field in the table with a join on a
table of 1.1 million records using a char(12) primary key.

Server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400, Dual PIII 667's with a gig of memory,
800 something megs allocated to postgres shared buffers.

-Pete