Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Does this mean we don't have to esacpe >0x7f when inputting bytea
> anymore?

I seem to remember that bytea data was run through the multibute code
for some reason, and I don't recall seeing that changed. ISTM that we
shouldn't force bytea thought multibyte functions at all.

The UNKNOWNIN patch did address part of the problem, just not all of it.
Previously all 'unknown' data was initially cast as TEXT, and thus was
subject to multibyte character set interpretation. But there was another
execution path that was not dealt with. I'll search the archives for the
thread.

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding
Сообщение: Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding