Re: []performance issues

От Yaroslav Dmitriev
Тема Re: []performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>Doing a row count requires a sequential scan in Postgres.
>
>Try creating another summary table that just has one row and one column and
>is an integer.

I have THREE  summary tables derived from "stats" with different levels
of aggregation. They work quite fast,  But:

1) Summary tables grow too
2) There are requests which cannot be predicted, so they involve the
"stats" table itself.

So I am still interested in PostgreSQL's ability to deal with
multimillon records tables.

Best regards,
Yar.