Re: Password sub-process ...

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Password sub-process ...
Дата
many idle processes  ("John Liu" <johnl@synthesys.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

> Something to maybe add to the TODO list, if someone has the
> time/inclination to work on it ...
>
> The problem with the current auth system, as I see it, is that you can't
> easily have seperate user lists and passwords per database ... its shared
> across the system ...

I don't see a problem with that in general. Other databases (like
Informix) do it even worse and you need a UNIX or NIS account where the
password is held!

What would be good is IMHO to have GRANT|REVOKE CONNECT which defaults
to REVOKE, so only superusers and the DB owner can connect, but that the
owner later can change it without the need to edit hba.conf.

Jan