PreparedStatement: setting column names dynamically

От Chantal Ackermann
Тема PreparedStatement: setting column names dynamically
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
hello all,

sorry, if this has already been asked:

Is it possible to set column or table names in a PreparedStatement
similar to setting values? I happen to do this very often and in a very
structured way. If it would be possible I could reuse the prepared
statement.

what I mean is:

at the moment I have a query like:

"Select " + column + " from " + table + " where " + column + "=?";

and I would like to have something like:

"Select ? from ? where ?=?";

I see that PreparedStatement doesn't provide any setColumn() methods or
whatever. but there might be some other way I am not aware off, I hope!

Any ideas, suggestions, tips?
Thank you
Chantal