Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

От Vincent Stoessel
Тема Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL  ("David Siebert" <dsiebert@eclipsecat.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Christopher Weimann wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 04:52:11PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
>>For some definition of "useful." You say in your table that postgres
>>is slower. How did you measure this?
>>

> In my personal experiance PostgreSQL runs circles around MySQL.
> Specifically MySQL makes lousy choices about which indexes to
> use and requires me to give it hints.  PostgreSQL just works.

I use both databases depending on the project requirements. But
I find that mysql is more willing to use your indexes  than
postgres is. I also like that fact that I can tell mysql to use
specific indexes if I feel like it. Plus the ability to add ,delete
and modify the name and type of any  field , table or database is a
fat fingered admin's dream. I love postgres, but sometimes the mysql
bashing goes way out hand on the list.
No war please.

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Вложения

От: Amin Abdulghani
Сообщение: postgres 7.2.1 parse bug
От: Rob Brown-Bayliss
Сообщение: Re: Rolling my own replication