Re: CREATE SYNONYM suggestions

От Marc Lavergne
Тема Re: CREATE SYNONYM suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I thought that it might involve more than met the eye. I'm resisting the
"view" approach since, like my bad kludge, it locks down the table
definition and as a result doesn't provide a very effective synonym
mechanism.

I'm looking into the commands/view.c as a basis for introducing the
concept of synonyms. Based on what I see, it looks like implementing it
should be too terrible. Sadly, it looks a lot like this would require
introducing a new relation type.

I'll have to investigate and possibly submit the patch(es) later. The
question is, since CREATE SYNONYM appears to be a SQL extension, is this
something the group would want to incorporate?