UK Goverment accounces a (very postive) policy on Open Source Software

От Justin Clift
Тема UK Goverment accounces a (very postive) policy on Open Source Software
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

The UK Government has accounced a new policy on the usage of Open Source
Software in the Government sector, and it's pretty positive for us.  The
Register sums it up here:

Some short takes from that:

- UK Government will only use products for
interoperability that support open standards and
specifications in all future IT developments.

- UK Government will seek to avoid lock-in to
proprietary IT products and services.

- UK Government will explore further the possibilities
of using OSS as the default exploitation route for
Government funded R&D software.

Very cool.  :-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift