Re: viewing/altering the "ON DELETE CASCADE" constraint

От Jon Lapham
Тема Re: viewing/altering the "ON DELETE CASCADE" constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Jon Lapham wrote:
>>How can I determine if a column 1) has a foreign key constraint, and 2)
>>if that fkey constraint includes "ON DELETE CASCADE"?  I've tried the
>>various "\d"-type commands in psql to no avail.
>>
>>Finally, assuming you have a column that *has* a fkey constraint, but
>>not the additional "ON DELETE CASCADE" portion, how would you go about
>>adding "ON DELETE CASCADE" to the column?
>

> The best place to get info on this is at
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Yup, thanks Stephan.  I've never seen this site, it looks like there is
a lot of good info there.

Joel Burton's "Hacking Referential Integrity & Hacking the Referential
Integrity Tables" has everything I needed.

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/hackingreferentialintegrity.php

-Jon

--

  Jon Lapham