Re: max relations in a single database

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: max relations in a single database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ralph Graulich wrote:
> As the dumpfile is plain ASCII text, I used vi to edit the names of the
> views by hand. I changed their names to be a good amount below the margin
> of 30 or whatever characters, just using abbreviations.
>
> Then I reimported without any problems.

Did you change NAMEDATALEN? See:
pgsql/src/include/postgres_ext.h

/*
  * NAMEDATALEN is the max length for system identifiers (e.g. table
  * names, attribute names, function names, etc).  It must be a multiple
  * of sizeof(int) (typically 4).
  *
  * NOTE that databases with different NAMEDATALEN's cannot interoperate!
  */
#define NAMEDATALEN 32

If you have not changed this, then your maximum *allowable* table name
(and other identifiers) is 31 characters (allowing for the null
terminator). Could this be related to your problem?

HTH,

Joe