Re: Memory usage question

От Alessandro Baretta
Тема Re: Memory usage question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joe Conway wrote:
> Ralph Graulich wrote:
>

>> Check your settings for shared memory buffers in postgresql.conf and read
>> the appropriate manpage in the documentation.
>

> Specifically see:
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?kernel-resources.html
> and
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html
>
> [lots of advice on how to configure pgsql]
>
> On all of this stuff, best advice is to play around to obtain the best
> performance on your hardware with your data and queries.
>
> HTH,
>
> Joe

Joe and Ralph,

Thank you very much for your help. I did not realize that
memory was statically assigned to postgres. I thought it
would allocate it on the fly, so I thought a big query would
cause postgres to grow more than a minuscule query.

Anyhow, I had already read (most of) the docs and not
noticed these facts.

Thanks again.
Alex