Re: Arrays and FFTW

От Alessandro Baretta
Тема Re: Arrays and FFTW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway wrote:

> Also see contrib/array, contrib/dblink, and contrib/intarray (and
> probably others under contrib) for user function examples which handle
> arrays. And be sure to see:
>     http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?xfunc-c.html
> for general information on user C language functions.
>
> Joe

I read that already, but it does not mention how arrays are
passed to a C function. I need some examples. Now I have
some places to look for. Now, I'll download the source and
take a look at it. Hopefully, it will not be too difficult
to figure out how arrays are passed to C functions. The docs
*seem* to imply that I will get a blob of memory where the
first 4 bytes are the size_t of the array, and the rest is
the array itself. However, this is not clearly stated, so I
could have misunderstood this point. PostgreSQL is a great
thing, but the documentation is a little too tight in a few
spots. I managed to wade through most of it--I'd hate to get
an RTFM from you guys--but I wish it were a little more
explicative.

Thanks to everybody for the kind help. Good work. I'll get
back to mine momentarily.

Alex