Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
grant wrote:

> So, then, even if there is an overflow of pages with free space, stepping
> up the vacuum schedule may help this eventually catch up.

Depends.

If you only UPDATE that table, there will never be less freespace again,
unless you VACUUM FULL. In average every UPDATE frees as much space as
it reuses. If your data grows, via INSERTS, then yes, it should catch up
someday if you VACUUM often enough.

Jan