Re: ? about Installation of Postgresql

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: ? about Installation of Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tracy,

I reckon this page will really help you out:

http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

Another good source of PostgreSQL info is the "Technical Documentation"
site:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org

BTW - Are you really studying at Melbourne Uni or just came across their
page?  It would be interesting to know what stuff they do with
PostgreSQL.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Tracy Gong wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I am new to postgresql. I have tow questions about installation. (For your
> reference, I used this website
> http://www.student.unimelb.edu.au/~ihaywood/win9x.html#AEN165)
>
> #1 I could not find IPC for Cygwin (cygipc-1.11-1.bz2);
>
> #2 Does anyone know when during setup I can install the 'bzip2' package?
>
> Tracy

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

   - Indira Gandhi