Re: Getting postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: The connection

От Kevin Brannen
Тема Re: Getting postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: The connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to perform a pg_dump from within a C program and I'm getting
>
> postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: The connection was aborted
>
> I've tried two different ways:
>
> 1) system("./pg_dump --file=database.dat database");
>
> AND
>
> 2) system("./dbbackup.bat");
>
> Where dbbackup.bat consists of
>
> pg_dump --file=database.dat database
>
> Both ways have the same error.
>
> However, it works fine with run dbbackup.bat from a command line.
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks
>
> -Jeff

 From what you're describing, it sounds like the classic "missing
environmental variables" problem.  If it works on the command line but
not from within a program (or from cron), then you're just missing 1 or
more env-vars, maybe PGPASSWORD?  You should be able to track it down
from there. :-)

HTH,
Kevin