COPY x FROM STDIN escape handler

От Marc Lavergne
Тема COPY x FROM STDIN escape handler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Can somebody point me to any escape handlers in the COPY mechanism. I
have grepped and examined to the best of my ability and haven't found
any indication that there even is an escape handler around COPY.

Just to give a little background, using pgdump in "default" mode creates
a dump file that includes inline newlines and tabs. The solution is to
use the -Fc option  but it's a little late for that if all one has is a
"default" dump file. I was hoping to simply run a conversion on the file
to create an "escaped" version of the file, but none of the traditional
escape methods appear to work (ie. \n, \010, 0x10, etc).

Am I correct that there is no escape handler in the COPY command. If so,
should this be considered an enhancement or is there an underlying
reason why it isn't there. Also, in the case this is an enhancement,
where in the code would this kind of mechanism be appropriate (ie.
interface, back end, parser, etc.). Wow ... nice sentence. ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Marc L.