Re: workaround for lack of REPLACE() function

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: workaround for lack of REPLACE() function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I think Thomas did just recently commit the SQL99 OVERLAY function, but
> similar to Tom's comment, I don't like the way SQL99 defines it. I've
> written a replace() C function (along with a couple of other string
> manipulation functions) for my own use. If you'd like a copy let me know
> and I'll gladly send it to you.

OK, what don't you like about it? If you can define some functionality
that we *should* have, then it is likely to go into the main distro.
Either as an extension to existing functions or as a separate function.

"Style" counts for not-much, but "can't do it with what we have" counts
for a lot.

                   - Thomas