Re: Flag for insentive use of Postgres?

От Andreas Schlegel
Тема Re: Flag for insentive use of Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>>For example: if I have a name1 colum with a value 'Test' I would like to
>>search for 'test' and get also this row
>>(select * from tTest where name1='test')
>

> And name1 = 'MASSE' when you requested name1 = 'Maße'? So, even with
> Latin-1, you have a problem.

In the meantime I got a message with a quite good solution:
... WHERE lower(name1)='test'

The mentioned problem with phrases like 'Maße' is in this application no
problem: For every field value the programm creates some matchcodes
which contain the original value (Maße) and values with replaced
characters( ß -> ss, Ä -> Ae ...). So the user doesn't care if he is
looking for 'Maße' or 'Masse'.

Greetings,
Andreas

От: nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Сообщение: Re: Flag for insentive use of Postgres?
От: Alex Rice
Сообщение: abuse of inheritance?