Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I don't understand some of the animosity I have seen towards
> what I consider a positive change. It obviously does need
> changing, otherwise so many people would not be discussing it.

Well, it is the same reaction you would have if someone walked up to you
and said "your child has a stupid name. You need to give it another
one". At least you didn't call our child ugly too ;)

I know that "you" is also one of "us", but the point is mostly the
same...

afaict the name has not inhibited our market acceptance. But maybe I'm
giving too much credit to suits' abilities to cope.

PgSQL works for me if I'm wanting an all-acronym acronym, and I've been
known to write and use "Postgres" as a synonym. But historically we
needed to differentiate the name from PostQuel-enabled Postgres. It
could be worse: we could have stuck with Postgres95 (ack, spit).

                    - Thomas