Re: [SOLVED]Re: Retrieving binary data

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: [SOLVED]Re: Retrieving binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
David,

One thing to watch out for using binary cursors is that all of the data
selected comes back in binary form.  Thus if you select an integer value
along with you bytea data you need to realize that that integer value
comes back in the native server 32bit format.  Thus if the client and
server are running different architectures you may have endian
conversion issues.  I use binary cursors to get bytea data without any
problems.  I am quite certain that the data is never converted to a string.

thanks,
--Barry

David Garnier wrote:

>Binary cursors works just fine with JDBC. I can retrieve my binaries without any problem, and it's very very fast.
Now,can you assure me that it isn't converted into a String at some point? (I doubt it.)

>Best Regards,
>David Garnier
>
>On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:24:40 +0200
>David Garnier <david.garnier@etudier-online.com> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:12:45 -0700
>>Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> wrote:
>>

>>>David,
>>>
>>>If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, using a binary
>>>cursor should solve your problem.  See the docs on the "declare [binary]
>>>cursor" SQL command.
>>>

>>First, thanks for your anwser.
>>Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking, but will it work with JDBC? I guess I can execute several queries in a row
withdeclare and fetch, but will it send me the correct bytes? I'm open to any suggestion (including Fastpath or another
JDBCdriver).

>>Best Regards,
>>David Garnier

method,but the results of getBytes is altered. getString shows just the right thing, but I need the binary. I looked at
thesource of the driver, and I still don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do. It seems to me that the QueryExecutor
isable to fetch a binary tuple, but I don't know how to request one.

От: Barry Lind
Сообщение: Re: BYTEA transport
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: DBVisualizer Null Pointer Exception