Re: (A) native Windows port

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: (A) native Windows port
Дата
Re: (A) native Windows port  ("Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > > It would all work out of the box and would do wonderful things for the
> > > Postgres community.
> >
> > I like this idea, but let me just bring one little issue to note: are you
> > going to handle upgrades, and if so, how?  How are you going to
> > do a major
> > version upgrade?
>
> Well, the easiest way would be to get them to uninstall the old version
> first, but I'm sure it can be worked out.  Perhaps even we shouldn't
> overwrite the old version anyway?

The question is not how to replace some .EXE and .DLL files or modify
something in the registry. The question is what to do with the existing
databases in the case of a catalog version change. You have to dump and
restore.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: regress/results directory problem
Сообщение: Re: regress/results directory problem