Re: known bugs in sequences ?

От William N. Zanatta
Тема Re: known bugs in sequences ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Somebody called 'Tom Lane' tried to say something! Take a look:
> Henk Schets <henk@poppunt.be> writes:
>
>>we just encountered this strange thing in our database.  All our sequences were reset to 1.  Is there any known bug
thatcould be related to this ?  Maybe with a jdbc driver or something ?  We are using version 7.0.3.
>>It could very well be an exotic coding problem, but I want to be sure that it has nothing to do with our version of
postgresql.

> All of your sequences at the same time?  It's really hard to see how any
> internal bug in Postgres could cause that.  They're not stored together,
> and there's no operation that visits them all.  Sure you didn't have some
> client application run around and issue a lot of setvals?
>
> But having said that, 7.0.3 is verging on ancient history, and we are
> not fixing bugs in it anymore.  I think you are well overdue for an
> update.
>
>             regards, tom lane

   Could this problem be related with CYCLE in SEQUENCEs creation?

   William

--
Perl combines all of the worst aspects of BASIC, C and line noise.
                 -- Keith Packard