Re: SQL server application porting headache

От Oskar Berggren
Тема Re: SQL server application porting headache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oskar Berggren wrote:
> I have been looking at the parser somewhat and I have located the
> conversion to lowercase in the flex source code. It seems fairly
> easy to do this conversion even in the case of a quoted identifier. In
> fact, I'm just about to install a modified version of PostgreSQL. Or
> is there some other reason this won't work?

Turns out things weren't so easy after all. Now apparently the ODBC
driver tries to find the table using a case-sensitive match which
of course fail, due to the fact that the table name is now lowercase.

Would it be difficult to make PostgreSQL case insensitive for real when
comparing identifiers? That is, the actual comparison is case
insensitive rather than having the parser convert everything to
lowercase. Would I have to make modifications to lots of different
places or are the comparisons in question contained in some (small)
part of the source code?

regards,
Oskar

--