Re: how to sort a birthday list ?

От Michael Agbaglo
Тема Re: how to sort a birthday list ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear Josh,

if you sort by AGE then the order will be young -> old or vice versa.
I'd like to have the list sorted as interval birthDAY, birthMONTH and
DAY from NOW() and MONTH from NOW().

example:

22.06.64 Person-1
26.06.50 Person-2
01.08.69 Person-3
02.08.71 Person-4

of course you could sort by DOY but then you'll have a problem w/ the
next year:

if it's let's say december and you select the list for the next 60 days,
persons having birthday in december will appear after persons having
birthday in january.

I tried to use CASE WHEN... THEN in ORDER BY but it doesn't seem to work
(syntax error at '')

M.

Josh Berkus wrote:

> Michael,
>

>>SELECT *
>>FROM Persons
>>WHERE EXTRACT( YEAR FROM AGE(dateofbirth) ) < EXTRACT( YEAR FROM AGE(
>>CURRENT_DATE+60, dateofbirth ) )
>>
>>... but how do I sort the list ?
>>

> Easy:
>
> SELECT person_name, person_department,  EXTRACT( YEAR FROM AGE(dateofbirth) )
> as their_age
> FROM Persons
> WHERE EXTRACT( YEAR FROM AGE(dateofbirth) ) < EXTRACT( YEAR FROM AGE(
> CURRENT_DATE+60, dateofbirth ) )
> ORDER BY their_age, person_name
>
> As an example.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: