Re: Problem with java.sql.DatabaseMetaData

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: Problem with java.sql.DatabaseMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Holger,

Since it is valid sql to have "Customer", "CUSTOMER", "CuStOmEr" and
CUSTOMER as four different tables that all exist at the same time, how
would you propose that you access the index info for one of the quoted
mixed case named tables?  (SQL is case insensitive unless the identifier
is quoted, in which case it is case sensitive).
 From what I can tell the jdbc spec is entirely quiet on this issue.
Does anyone know what other database jdbc drivers do?  Anyone have
access to Oracle or some other database that could create two tables
(one with a mixed case name using quotes and the other without) and see
how their jdbc drivers handle this, if at all.

thanks,
--Barry

Mitterwald, Holger wrote:
> Hello, I still have some problems with
> the methods
> getIndexInfo()
> and
> getTables()
>
> In my opinion it shouldn't matter if I define the tablenames
> in lowercase or in mixed/uppercase like in "normal" sql-statements.
> There the both statements are equal:
> select * from customer....
> and
> select * from Customer...
>
> But in the jdbc driver you have to put all the table names in both methods
> as lowercase - otherwise no Tables are found.
>
> So shouldn't the JDBC-driver automatically convert the tablenames to lowercase?????
>
> Best regards,
>    Holger

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception
Сообщение: Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception