Re: SELECT TOP %d PERCENT, or SELECT ... LIMIT %d PERCENT ?

От Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Тема Re: SELECT TOP %d PERCENT, or SELECT ... LIMIT %d PERCENT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2008-10-12, at 16:22, Hitoshi Harada wrote:

> 2008/10/12 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>> I wonder if this could be implemented using the window-function
>> infrastructure...
>>

> Yeah, actually window functions I am working now has percent_rank() or
> something he wants. That is better than WITH clauses but still we must
> see the last row before determine the percent. Better than count(*) of
> course, but I'm not sure it meets his needs.

excuse my ignorance, apparently I don't recall that patches discussion
in here. If it pops out, and gets into cvs, can someone remind me of
that - please ?
Also, will that patch also be able to speed up count(*) , or is it for
different purpose ? Sorry if I am repeating the subject, if so -
please just respond in private.

thanks folks.