Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Kovacs Zoltan wrote:

> Dear Hiroshi and Tom,
>
> I downloaded the latest psqlodbc.dll for PostgreSQL 7.2.1.
> My problem is I
> should migrate from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 because I need "CREATE OR REPLACE
> FUNCTION", but COUNT(*) returns int8 now. Unfortunately,
> Borland Database
> Engine and/or ODBCExpress (from Korbitec Pty.) understands
> int8 as string.

Is it the true cause ?
Isn't it because of the current driver's behavior that
returns SQL_VARCHAR for int8 ? OTOH certainly there are
some applications which can't handle SQL_BIGINT.
Recently I changed the driver to return SQL_NUMERIC
for int8 with Microsoft-jet and it seems to work.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/