Re: using CURSOR with PHP

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: using CURSOR with PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Eckhard Hoeffner wrote:
> Does anyone has a solution to use the CURSOR function with PHP. The
> main problem - in my opinion - is, that the CURSOR must be closed
> and if the database is accessed from a web browser, this can not be
> ensured.

I don't use cursors in web applications myself, since PostgreSQL
supports the excellent "SELECT ... LIMIT <n> OFFSET <m>" syntax in all
of the cases where I might otherwise have done so.

That's my experience to date, anyway - I'm prepared to find somewhere a
cursor might be a requirement - I know that if you wanted to write
cross-database portable code you would probably need to work with them.

Regardless, unless you open your database connection as a persistent
connection, the database connection will be closed when the script
finishes, and that should clean up all that is necessary.

Regards,
                        Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
        Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?