Re: work_mem and shared_buffers

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: work_mem and shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Nov 9, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2007 1:19 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@uiuc.edu> wrote:
>> It is amazing, how after working with databases very actively for
>> over 8
>> years, I am still learning things.
>
> The fun thing about postgresql is that just when you've got it figured
> out, somebody will come along and improve it in such a way as to make
> your previously gathered knowledge obsolete.  In a good way.
>
> I imagine in a few years, hardly anyone using postgresql will remember
> the ancient art of having either apostrophes in a row inside your
> plpgsql functions...

Speaking of that devil, I started working with Postgres mere months
after that particular evil went away but we still have a good bit of
plpgsql with it in production.  I've been meaning to convert it and
clean it up for a while now.  Would you, or anybody, happen to know
of any scripts out there that I could grab to make a quick job, no
brains required of it?

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com