Re: pg_dumpall

От Oleg Lebedev
Тема Re: pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I figured it out.
It seems like I had a view VA defined in database A, which extracted data
from the table TA. I had to drop and recreate the table, so VA was
referencing the old table A. After that I exported data using dump_all. This
explains why psql wouldn't create view VA when importing data from a file
created by dump_all.

Is there a way to update all derived views when a table is dropped and then
created again?
thanks,

Oleg

> Hello,
> I am upgrading from Postgres7.1.3 to Postgres7.2.1 and dumped all the
> data to a file with
> pg_dumpall -o > dump
> When I go throught the dump file it turns out that some views are
> created before the base relations are created. When I try to import the
> dump file in Postgres 7.2.1 some of the views are not created because if
> this.
> Why the order of created data objects is wrong?
> I kept view definitions in several files, but I would still like to know
> how to move data between releases consistently.
> thanks,
>
> Oleg

> http://archives.postgresql.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: can't cast varchar as integer?
Сообщение: Re: can't cast varchar as integer?