Pb with the French accentuated characters

От frederic massot
Тема Pb with the French accentuated characters
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hello,

Since the update of a PC of test (Debian GNU/Linux Woody, Apache
1.3.23-1, Php4 4.1.2, Postgresql 7.2.1), the Web sites functioning on
this PC produce errors during the insertion of French accentuated
characters ("é", "è", "à", etc...) in the databases.

An error message with PHP :

PostgreSQL query failed:  ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence
found (0xe97373)

Error messages with psql :

juliana=> insert into essai values ('était');
ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xe97461)
juliana=> insert into essai values ('ètait');
ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xe87461)
juliana=> insert into essai values ('àtait');
ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xe07461)

With version 7.1.3 of Postgresql not did not have any errors.

All the databases are encoding in UNICODE.

Postgresql is compiled with the option "--enable-unicode-conversion".

I know that version 7.2.1 of Postgresql checks the data before inserting
them. But I do not understand why conversion does not function.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: