Problems with "order by clause"

От Erik Behrends
Тема Problems with "order by clause"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello to everybody,

I have a little problem concerning the "ORDER BY" clause.
Consider a table "test" having one text field "val" with the following
entries:

tralala
Tralala
tralal

Now, I want to execute the following query via JDBC:
    SELECT * FROM test ORDER BY val DESC;
When using JDBC with Oracle or Sapdb I get the following result:

tralala
tralal
Tralala

(correct lexicographic order as expected by Java)

Now, using PostgreSQL (7.1.3 with JDBC driver 7.2) the result is:

Tralala
tralala
tralal

(lexicographic order as implemented in PostgreSQL)

Any ideas what's going on there?

Thanks in advance,

-- Erik Behrends
Inxnet GmbH
intelligent software solutions
tel. 0761 / 296 979-0
http://www.inxnet.de
P.S.: Versenden personalisierter E-Mails - mit
inxmail ein Kinderspiel! http://www.inxmail.de