Re: Proper quoting of \e ?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Proper quoting of \e ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Well, the "\" is part of the strings to be outputed, so I did not
> intend to quota anything. If I replace \ to \\ in my first query, I
> get also no result.

I think you need 4 '\'s:

test=# create table written_by(title text);
CREATE
test=# insert into written_by values('An equation of state {\\em \\\`a
la} Carnahan-Starling');
INSERT 16661 1
test=# select * from written_by;                        title
----------------------------------------------------- An equation of state {\em \`a la} Carnahan-Starling
(1 row)

test=# SELECT title from written_by where title like 'An equation of
state {\\\\e%';                        title
----------------------------------------------------- An equation of state {\em \`a la} Carnahan-Starling
(1 row)

This is because the string literal parser reduces '\\\\' to '\\', and
then the backend function which implements LIKE interprets '\\' as '\'.

HTH,

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: