Speed or Performance

От Keith Gray
Тема Speed or Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
We have a VB/ADO application, which talks
via PostgreSQL/ODBC to our Linux Server.

(RedHat 7.2, PostgreSQL 7.1, PostgreSQL ODBC 7.1.9)

I have found PostgreSQL to be great for enquiry
on our ~350Mb database. Read speed is very good.

We have Primary key and some secondary indexes.

However, I have a speed issue with writing back.

Are there any speed tweaks regarding buffering
or configuration that I should check?

Does PostgreSQL rewrite indexes every write?

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L