Re: Large table update/vacuum PLEASE HELP!

От Dmitry Tkach
Тема Re: Large table update/vacuum PLEASE HELP!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>For 1000 that should work, for much larger numbers you may need to play
>with settings to get an appropriate effect (you may see that as the number
>updated grows in order of magnitude that the wasted space approaches 2x as
>you the map of free space isn't large enough unless you up those
>settings).

I am sorry, I am afraid, I don't quite understand this. What exactly are
those settings I need to play with?
And what is this 'map of free space'?

Thanks a lot!

Dima

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Large table update/vacuum PLEASE HELP!
От: Barry Lind
Сообщение: Re: j2sdk1.4.0 jdbc compile errors