Re: Alter/update large tables - VERRRY annoying behaviour!

От Jochem van Dieten
Тема Re: Alter/update large tables - VERRRY annoying behaviour!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Dmitry Tkach wrote:
>>
>>>What's MVCC?
>>
>>Funny, I was about to ask that question. Something about variable size of
>>fields in the physical storage?
>
> I've remembered, alsmot: Multi Version ConCurrency?

Almost: Multi-Version Concurrency Control
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?mvcc.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/25/postgresql_mvcc.html

If you need more info, Google is your friend.

Jochem

От: Boris Köster
Сообщение: Re: Mass-Data question
От: Moritz Sinn
Сообщение: Re: function for creating random id