Re: COPY performance

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: COPY performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

 > I should have mentioned that I'm doing the copy in to the table in a
 > transaction block with all constraints deferred. That should mean
 > it's only at the commit stage that foreign key will be checked
 > right?

I'm not really sure, maybe someone else can chime in.

But I can say that I imported about 38 million rows of similar size
(actually, a bit larger) using COPY in under an hour with 7.2RC3. I had
no indexes or references defined during the COPY. I never saw memory use
grow beyond about 10MB IIRC -- possibly in part because I forgot to
increase shared buffers beyond the default before I started.

FWIW, hardware was dual P3 833 (I think), with 2GB RAM, hardware
mirrored SCSI hard-drives, Red Hat 7.2.

Joe