Re: more about pg_toast growth

От Richard A Lough
Тема Re: more about pg_toast growth
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:26:38PM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> > Surely I'd be willing to learn how to tune Pg, since I've staked my
> > operation on it.  But, "max_fsm_pages" produces fewer pages on Google
> > than "deep fried orangutan pancreas", and I do not often have the time
> > to leaf through 460,000 lines of source.  Some documentation would be
> > swell.
>
> In case anything thinks he's kidding, he's not. max_fsm_pages produces a
> total of 5 hits. 1 under runtime configuration for 7.3devel docs (which is
> interesting since it's not runtime configurable). 1 in the postgreql.conf
> sample file.

I'd be interested in trying to reproduce the problem. I'm trying to put
some figures together on how postgres uses disk space.

Unless I've missed something, there isn't anything in the earlier thread
on whether the table gets dropped anytime, or whether the records get
changed by INSERT's or whatever.

TIA

Richard A Lough