More UB-Tree patent information

От Justin Clift
Тема More UB-Tree patent information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Prof. Bayer,

Haven't heard anything back from you regarding the patents on
UB-Tree's.  Specifically wondering if it's alright to use UB-Tree's in
Open Source projects.

On a related topic, in your paper "The Universal B-Tree for
multidimensional Indexing"
(http://mistral.in.tum.de/results/publications/TUM-I9637.pdf) you
mention a German "Patent Pending" number of "196 35 429.3", is this the
one which was approved in Europe?

In the paper "Bulk Loading a Data Warehouse built upon a UB-Tree"
(http://mistral.in.tum.de/results/publications/FKM+00.pdf) it mentions
the Japanese Patent filed on 22nd May 2000, Application Number
2000-149648.  Is this the Japanese patent for UB-Trees which hasn't yet
been approved?

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Сообщение: Re: Sub-selects taking way too long..
Сообщение: Re: Sub-selects taking way too long..