Problems building 7.2.1 RPMs

От Paulo Jan
Тема Problems building 7.2.1 RPMs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all:

    I'm having problems building binary RPMs for PostgresSQL 7.2.1 from
source. First of all, the circunstances:

    -I am using Red Hat Linux 6.2.
    -I have updated the required system libraries, utilities, etc. needed
to compile 7.2.1 (patch and readline).
    -I am using the SRPM that I found in Red Hat Rawhide
(ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/rawhide/1.0/SRPMS/SRPMS/postgresql-7.2.1-3.src.rpm).
    -I edited the postgresql.spec file to take out the references to
gettext and set nls=0, since I couldn't find an up-to-date binary RPM of
gettext for Red Hat 6.2 (some posts in this mailing list mentioned that
they couldn't get gettext to compile under 6.2 anyway, and suggested
this approach).
    -To compile everything, I used the following command: " rpm -ba
--target=i586 --define 'tcl 0' --define 'tkpkg 0' --define 'python 0'
--define 'pltcl 0' --define 'kerberos 0' --define 'pgaccess 0' --define
'newintarray 1' /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/postgresql.spec".

    And now, the problem: after compiling everything, when trying to
generate the RPMS it says: "File not found:
/var/tmp/postgresql-7.2.1-root/usr/lib/libpgtcl.a".

    I have TCL installed (but not Tk), and with the above configuration
(updated readline and patch, removed gettext, etc.) I was able to create
binary RPMs of Postgres 7.2 using the official SRPM.
    What can I do? Any ideas? If you need more information, don't hesitate
to ask.

                        Paulo Jan.
                        DDnet.