Re: Bug #630: date/time storage problem: timestamp parsed

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Bug #630: date/time storage problem: timestamp parsed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> date/time storage problem: timestamp parsed incorrectly...
> It looks like a bad parser or defaults for time values.  The example code below explains the problem best.  I'm not
surewhy, or where... but it took me about a day to track down (PostgreSQL is never wrong!).  If I include a timezone,
thingsseem to work.  For some reason, only dates from yesterday and today break things... I think it's because -7 is
thesame as my timezone, PST (now -7).

Well, as long as you realize that PostgreSQL is always right you are on
track ;)

I'm guessing that you have a damaged timezone database on your system.
What time zone does your system think it is in? What system are you
running on? I'm not seeing a problem on my Linux box running 7.2 (well,
except for the jump at the time zone boundary):

lockhart=# select timestamp '2002-4-7 2:0:0.0';
      timestamptz
 2002-04-07 01:00:00-08
(1 row)

But that is not the 2036 result you are seeing, so I can only speculate
on your specific problem...

                     - Thomas

От: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Сообщение: Bug #630: date/time storage problem: timestamp parsed incorrectly...
От: Sean Chittenden
Сообщение: Re: Bug #630: date/time storage problem: timestamp parsed incorrectly...