ODBC Connection to PostgreSQL 7.1 via pgAdmin and M$ Access 2000 , updating fails

От Hans Plum
Тема ODBC Connection to PostgreSQL 7.1 via pgAdmin and M$ Access 2000 , updating fails
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hey folks,

I have tried to update fields in a table with timestamps via pgAdmin
1.2.0 but it fails. In the mailing list I could figure out that this is
a 'bizarre feature' bugging Dave a long time -
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgadmin-support@postgresql.org/msg00309.html

So now I was looking for an alternative for updating fields on a M$
Windows System: I used Access 2000 via the ODBC Driver delivered with
pgAdmin 1.2.0. But here I get errors that say that there is somebody
else writing into that table - this database is running in the internet
and another application is watching on a view related to that table.
Finally I altered the name of the table but I still got this error message.
Is somebody out there who could give my a workaround, a way to solve
that problem. My aims is just to write via a GUI into PostgreSQL 7.1
from a Windows System via ODBC.

Regards,
Hans

--