No pg_hba.conf entry error.

От Matthew Stanfield
Тема No pg_hba.conf entry error.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

When I try to create a new user for postgres like this:

su -c 'createuser -d -a mattstan' postgres
[NOTE: This worked yesterday and user mattstan does not already exist.]

I get this error:

psql: FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user postgres,
database template 1.

createuser: creation of user mattstan failed.

But my pg_hba.conf has just these lines not commented out:

local    all                    trust
host    all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255    trust

The only thing I can see that may be the problem is the ownership of the
pg_hba.conf file.

When I 'ls -l' all the files say:

... ... postgres postgres size date filename

but the pg_hba.conf file says:

... ... postgres root size date pg_hba.conf

But I don't know how to change this.

Thanks and regards,

..matthew