Re: Large Object Location in 7.3

От Richard Emberson
Тема Re: Large Object Location in 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Richard Emberson wrote:
> >> I expect (actually hope) to have thousands and thousands of blob/clobs
> >> in the db I am designing.
> >> I would like such largeobjects to be stored in their own file system.
>
> > Sure, find the oid of pg_largeobject and symlink that to another file
> > system.  You need to do that toast table and any indexes for the table
> > too.
>
> If Richard's envisioning more than 1GB of large objects, I don't think
> he's going to be very satisfied with manual symlinking.

The system I am designing it is hoped will have 100s of GBs of large
objects, a whole
coda file system full of them. I believe that I can partition the DB into
subsets (multiple
instance of postgresql) so that each instance might have only 10GBs.

> This does bring up an interesting point: the tablespace schemes we've
> discussed so far don't allow system catalogs to be moved out of the
> default tablespace for a database.  That doesn't bother me for most
> of the system catalogs ... but pg_largeobject seems like it might be
> an exception.

Сообщение: Re: Could someone tell me what is wrong withthis function
Сообщение: Re: Could someone tell me what is wrong withthis function