Re: Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The SQL spec is not a great deal of help on this, since it doesn't
> > have rules or triggers at all.
> The SQL spec has triggers, and their names are supposed to be
> globally unique.

Speaking of which, I was looking at
 CREATE ASSERTION/DROP ASSERTION

in (what I think is) SQL99. It has enough restrictions on use that I'm
not yet sure what exactly it is supposed to do, and am not sure if it is
close to equivalent to something we already have. Anyone know?
                  - Thomas