Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Multibyte ODBC

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Multibyte ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Yes you have to localize your environment(application) to
use a specific encoding like SJIS.

> If so, I think this is still a problem because what
> we are trying to achieve (at least in Access as it seems VB won't do it) is
> display of multiple languages at once. For example, in a fictional case
> someone may have a Unicode database that may contain data in Japanese
> (UTF-8), French, English and maybe other languages (Jean-Michel may even be
> in this situation now).
>
> Access can do this quite happily with it's native tables (with no locale
> changes),

Windows applications are very happy as long as they
live in the Windows world because Windows(NT/2000/XP)
is a world of Unicode(UCS-2).

> it's just the linked PostgreSQL tables that don't want to work
> :-(.

I hope Unicode(UCS-2) support for our ODBC driver would
solve it though I couldn't guarantee when it would be
ready.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue