Second decent PostgreSQL CBT released - Introduction to Referential Integrity

От Justin Clift
Тема Second decent PostgreSQL CBT released - Introduction to Referential Integrity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Just wrapped up the 2nd in the series of PostgreSQL CBT's.

This one introduces the concepts of Referential Integrity :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/college/002_referentialintegrity/index.php

It covers :

- The basic concepts

- Creating single column primary and foreign keys

- The optional clauses ON UPDATE and ON DELETE (and their
  options NO ACTION/RESTRICT, CASCADE, SET NULL, SET DELETE)

- Dropping tables when they have RI constraints

This CBT doesn't cover multi-column keys, nor MATCH, MATCH FULL, MATCH
PARTIAL, as I ran out of time.  Have to hold them over for another CBT.
:)

I've REALLY interested in what people think of the new look (a bunch of
improvements due to people's suggestions), and if people can suggest
further improvements/fixes/etc, they'll also be incorporated into
further CBT's.

Hope people find it worthwhile and useful.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

P.S. - Wow, what a beautiful sunrise out my window.  Was worth the
effort just for that.  :)

   - Indira Gandhi

Сообщение: Re: Serious 7.2 issue (non quiet string truncation)
Сообщение: Re: Serious 7.2 issue (non quiet string truncation)