Strange error: No such function 'pg_encoding_to_char' with the specified attributes

От Graham Leggett
Тема Strange error: No such function 'pg_encoding_to_char' with the specified attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

I've been developing some servlets using the blackdown port of Java
v1.3.1 for LinuxPPC, and the latest postgres jdbc driver (from feb
10th). This works great on my machine.

I've moved the app to an Intel Linux box running IBM Java v1.3.1, and
when I start my servlets up it bombs like so:

Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report
this exception: Exception: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  No such
function 'pg_encoding_to_char' with the specified attributes

Stack Trace:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  No such function 'pg_encoding_to_char'
with the specified attributes

        at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:94)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:398)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:381)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.openConnection(Connection.java:314)
        at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:149)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:523)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:183)
        at
com.cambrient.pnp.kitchen.mealplanner.MealPlanner.init(MealPlanner.java:43)

Does anyone know what any of this means...?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm        "There's a moon
                    over Bourbon Street