Re: Postgresql/linux speed + reliability

От Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Тема Re: Postgresql/linux speed + reliability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PostgreSQL is definitely not the problem.
Also, we did not have troubles with ODBC on PostgreSQL's side.
The problem is that Microsoft applications seem to be in favour of collapsing when sending more than just a few records over an ODBC connection.
I have heard that it works perfectly well for OpenOffice but we had real problems with MS products; especially when working with slow connections.
As I always say; the "core" of an MS application is a "dump" ...

    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde &. Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14; A-1160 Wien